Chicago | Denver | Houston | Austin | San Antonio | El Paso | Rio Grande Valley | New York City | Los Angeles | Phoenix Indianapolis | Baton Rouge | Washington, D.C.
Long ago a teacher believed in your success; pay it forward.
Fulltime Opportunities | Flexible and Rewarding Work | Share your Story to Inspire Kids | Teach in Diverse Schools
Travel to schools in a timely manner, carry out the instructions of the absent teacher, and foster a positive classroom environment in order to maximize instructional time. Candidates need to be prompt, professional, and reliable.
Why We're Here
- We believe there is innocence in every human being
- That one person can change a kid’s life forever
- That each moment in the classroom has the potential to inspire and spark curiosity
- And that it is our responsibility to provide environments for young people to thrive
- Carry out lesson plan instructions from the classroom teacher, and/or create lesson plans in absence of a prepared lesson; ensure all material is covered
- Create and maintain a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and productive learning environment in accordance with school policies
- Create and maintain a climate of respect and fairness for all students
- Respond and report to "call-ins" in a timely manner
- Maintain professional appearance that adheres to school policies
- At least 1 year experience of working with young people
- Bachelor's degree(s) or higher
- Ability to establish professional working relationships with students and staff
- Excellent promptness and time management skills